In April we launched the AMC app on Samsung TV. It's similar to our other TV apps, but the overview below provides a useful introduction for new users.
Is my model TV compatible with the app?
Probably. You can install the AMC app on most models made in 2016 or after, such as:
- 2016 4K SUHD TVs
- 2017 4K UHD and QLED TVs
- 2019 QLED 8K / QLED 4K / Premium UHD / Lifestyle TVs
If you can find the app in the Samsung app store on your device, then it's compatible.
What if my Samsung is an Android TV?
For Android TVs, use the Play Store on your device to install the AMC app. It's a slightly different version, but contains all the same content.
(Due to variations in the operating system on different models of Samsung TV, some TV sets are compatible with the AMC Samsung TV app, and others are compatible with the AMC Android TV app.)
How do I sign in / activate?
To activate the app, you need to have an eligible TV service provider with a subscription that includes AMC. If you do, then:
- In the app, go to Settings, and get an activation code.
- On a computer or mobile device, go to www.amc.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code and sign in with your TV provider.
For more about activation codes, click here.
How does AMC Premiere work with the Samsung TV AMC app?
You can access AMC Premiere content on the app, but you cannot upgrade (purchase) directly from the app yet.
To sign in with an existing AMC Premiere account
- Open the AMC app.
- Go to the Premiere section from the menu at the top of the screen.
- Click "Already have an account?"
- Enter your AMC Premiere credentials.
You may not always have to sign in with AMC Premiere separately. Often times you just sign in with your TV provider and the app goes into Premiere mode automatically. This is because our sign-in system "remembers" you from the signing in with your provider and Premiere together on another device.
How to start an AMC Premiere account
If you don't have an AMC Premiere account already, you can sign up like this:
- Use a computer and web browser.
- Go to www.amc.com/purchase or www.amcpremiere.com.
- Verify your TV service provider.
(You need to have the AMC channel already to upgrade to Premiere)
- Fill out the profile.
- Start the trial.
- Now on your Samsung TV: sign out of your provider and activate again. Premiere will probably take effect automatically after that.
How do I turn closed captions on or off?
Use the Samsung device menu
- From the Home screen, use the directional pad on the TV Remote and select Settings.
- Select General, and then select Accessibility.
- Select Caption Settings, and then select Caption to turn captions on. Select it again to turn them off.
For more about Samsung caption options, click here.
Note: The 2019 models may have issues with captions on the live stream. This is a known issue currently being worked on.
If I'm having trouble, what's the first thing I should try?
For most issues, it's a good idea to start by relaunching the app. On your remote, hold the back button until the app closes. Then open it again from the main menu.
If you're still having trouble, please reinstall the app:
- Start on the Samsung TV home screen.
- Go to the Apps section.
- Click Settings (in top-right corner).
- Highlight the AMC app.
- Select Reinstall.
If you're still having trouble after that, please contact us and describe your issue in detail.